Monday, January 17, 2011

First Time Out

January 17, 2011


Well, sir, I couldn't hold out any longer. Just have to see what this blogging is all about.

I teach a ladies' Bible Study class each Sunday morning at First Baptist in Kennedale, Texas; attend Bible study each Tuesday at the home of a Christian Arab. She is my inspiration.

I begin studying Monday for Sunday. Now we are studying the books of Kings. My material covers too much in a short time. I have thoughts about creating my own Bible study, something that fits my ladies better than these speed classes.

My special verses for today are:

Isa 49:15 "Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you!
Isa 49:16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me. (NIV)

God is talking to the Israelites, but we can claim the verses for ourselves. He will hold us in the palms of his hands. We are safe and warm there.

No comments:

Post a Comment